Friday, October 7, 2011

The breakpoint will not currently be hit. No symbols have been loaded for this document

I received the error “The breakpoint will not currently be hit. No symbols have been loaded for this document” when debugging some SharePoint code. I was attaching to the w3wp.exe process.

The first time I received this error I followed the steps provided in Doug Butscher blog. This sorted out my issue.

A few weeks later I received the same error and this time the steps from Doug’s blog did not work.
With some help from a colleague I got it sorted with the following steps:

  • When debugging in Visual Studio, click on Debug > Attach to process…, click the select button next to “Attach to:”
  • Select “Debug these code types”, and then select “Managed (v2.0, v1.1, v1.0)” and “T-SQL” only.

  • Click “Ok”


2 comments: